COVID-19 Volunteering Update
During this time, Channel One is focusing all volunteer efforts on packing emergency boxes and sanitizing. The following procedures for volunteering have been implemented. Channel One is extremely grateful for your support of the community during this time.
- Must be at least 16 years of age to volunteer
- Please refrain from volunteering if you are an older adult or person of any age who has a serious underlying medical condition
- Do not volunteer if you have recently been to a high-risk area for transmission of COVID-19
- Do not volunteer if you have been in close contact with someone confirmed or is being evaluated for COVID-19
- Don not volunteer if you are feeling sick, especially if you have a fever, cough or shortness of breath
- Follow CDC hand washing procedures when volunteering
- Volunteers must wear a self-provided mask as Channel One has a limited supply
- NO WALK IN VOLUNTEERS you must be signed up for a shift to volunteer
- If there are no volunteer slots available, please visit United Way for other volunteer opportunities in the community
Additional procedures have been put in place to ensure our staff and volunteer safety during your shift. Please read through thoroughly before you arrive.
If your are unable to make your scheduled shift, or change your mind, please log in and remove yourself from the shift so others may sign up. It is very important for us to have full shifts to maximize efficiency. Thank you!
If you are a first time volunteer please sign up by creating a profile here.
If you have already volunteered please sign in here.
Volunteers are essential to the work of Channel One Regional Food Bank.
Last year, 2,350 volunteers donated a total of 35,670 hours of service. Our volunteer work force is equal to 18 extra full-time employees. It is because of the time and talents of our volunteers Channel One Regional Food Bank is able to help feed people in need in our community.
If you are interested in volunteering at Channel One, we would love to hear from you.
To learn more about volunteer opportunities, contact David Steenhoek at 507-424-1729. We hope you can find an opportunity that will fit your interest and Channel One’s needs.
Service Enterprise Certification
Channel One Regional Food Bank is pleased to announce that we have been certified by Points of Light as a Service Enterprise! A Service Enterprise is an organization that fundamentally leverages volunteers and their skills throughout their organization to successfully deliver on its social mission.
As an organization, Channel One is excited about the evolution of the volunteer program. Volunteers are the heart and soul of this organization and meeting the mission to partner with others to feed people in need would not be possible with their efforts.
For further information regarding the Service Enterprise Initiative, please visit www.pointsoflight.org/service-enterprise-initiative.