September is Hunger Action Month. This is a time when the Feeding America nationwide network of food banks, including Channel One, unite to urge you to take action with us in our communities.
- Did you know that 1 in 10 Minnesotans don’t have enough to eat? 1 in 5 of these are kids
- We have thousands of people in our state alone who are missing an essential ingredient to survival: food. Every. Single. Day. Hunger does not only exist in faraway places. It is right outside our back doors, with over 100,000 neighbors in need in Channel One’s 14-county region alone. Just today, many of these individuals would not have had food to eat without help from Channel One and our partners.
How can you help?
Take Action with Channel One:
- GIVE to Channel One Regional Food Bank and Food Shelf. A mere $1 provides enough food for four meals when given to Channel One! Find out how to donate or donate online at www.helpingfeedpeople.org/donate.
- VOLUNTEER at Channel One Regional Food Bank and Food Shelf. Get started at www.helpingfeedpeople.org/volunteer. Encourage your friends to join you!
- GO ORANGE for Hunger! On September 13, 2018, we will kick off our month-long effort to turn the nation orange in support of hunger relief. We are encouraging you to show your support by wearing orange on September 13th and all month long!