Minnesota FoodShare March Campaign
Channel One Regional Food Bank invites you to participate in the Minnesota FoodShare March Campaign by joining your co-workers, friends and neighbors in collecting FOOD and FUNDS February 26th – April 8th.
We challenge you to help us eliminate hunger! Your efforts will help the nearly 13,000 food insecure people living in Olmsted County and help Channel One feed the nearly 3,400 households that use our Supplemental Food Shelf every month. To help meet the rising need for food and assistance, our goal this year is to raise $225,000 and 225,000 pounds of food.
You may be asking yourself, “How can I help?” Channel One urges schools, businesses, places of worship and other organizations to help end hunger by conducting your own special food and fund drives February 26th – April 8th. Groups and individuals have conducted a variety of activities to collect food and funds during the March Campaign. We encourage you to be creative and have fun! Some ideas for your campaign include:
- Organize and host a Food Drive.
- Sponsor a Fund Drive to stretch your dollar even farther. (Channel One can turn a $1 donation into 4 meals.)
- Sponsor “Denim Day(s)” at your business, and offer employees the opportunity to wear jeans for the day in exchange for a donation of $5 or more.
- Put on a concert or skit at your school or church to raise funds, food and awareness of hunger in our community.
- Offer an incentive at your business to customers who bring in food.
All food and cash donations that Channel One receives during the month stay in our local community to help feed people in need. Every pound and dollar is important because the more food and funds that Channel One collects, the greater our allocation from the Minnesota Food Share statewide incentive fund. Minnesota FoodShare organization has a unique focus of supporting food shelves throughout the state in their efforts to feed the hungry and has coordinated the March Campaign for more than 30 years.