Nutrition Assistance Program for Seniors (NAPS)

Through the Commodity Supplemental Food Programs or NAPS, Channel One provides an approximately 35-pound box of free food each month to seniors who meet income guidelines. The program is funded by the United States Department of Agriculture.

Program participants receive nutritious food packages meant to supplement the diet. The packages include canned fruits, vegetables, juices, milk, American cheese, canned meat, peanut butter or dried beans, cereal, and rice or pasta.


Distribution centers are located at more than 50 sites throughout Southeast Minnesota. Eligible clients may register for the Commodity Supplemental Food Program through Channel One. Items needed to register for the program include:

  • Proof of your identity and age (Picture ID)
  • Proof of your residency (Current Utility Bill – we accept electric, gas, telephone, cell phone, and cable or dish)
  • Knowledge of your current gross household income (If you have family members who live with you who work and/or receive public assistance, you must report their income also)

For more information, please contact:

Maria Villagrana
507-424-1704 or 877-500-8699,

Eligiblity Requirements include:

  • Seniors age 60 or older who are income eligible.

If you think you may be eligible for CSFP or know someone who may be eligible, we are enrolling people now. Please call 507-424-1704 or toll free at 1-877-500-8699 for more information.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; Fax: (202) 690-7442; or Email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.